Friday, March 30, 2012

Visualize your success!

As you work towards your goals, do you picture yourself the way you want to look? Do you see yourself as already fit and healthy, tight and toned? Visualize yourself as you want to be! Then make it happen! Your self confidence will receive a boost and your motivation will increase!

Sometimes it's hard to visualize exactly what your goals are in terms of diet and exercise. Sure, we all want to be "fit" and "sexy" but there is a whole spectrum of bodies that fall into those categories. Yesterday, as I flipped through a magazine with my friend, I pointed out a girl and said, "Now that's what I want to look like this summer!" and shockingly, my friend frowned and said, "Eeeww! She's so muscle-y!". Mind you, this wasn't a female body builder, but rather just a woman who obviously worked out consistently, and looked great in her swimsuit. It made me realize that we all have different goals in our heads when we're exercising, running, lifting, steaming vegetables....

With that in mind, I thought that it would be a good idea to create a visionary board of my goals to keep myself focused on what it is that I am working towards. Who do I want to emulate, what is my body capable of, and what kind of cute swimming suit do I picture myself wearing poolside in a few short months, er, weeks!?  Who are a few of your role models, what are a few of your goals, and motivational images? Maybe you could do the same yourself. Many people in the fitness/health industry even post their workouts and daily eating examples on their website or Facebook pages for you to see (and to keep themselves accountable). Try it! Wouldn't it be nice if you were able to pin a picture of YOURSELF on your board as a goal!?

What would be on YOUR board? Go ahead and visualize yourself the way you WANT to be!  Then achieve it!



No comments:

Post a Comment