Sunday, January 8, 2012

How important is Support?

Today, I really started thinking about the importance of support in my life, not just on my fitness journey, but in every aspect of my life. There is no way that I would be where I am at this point in my life without the support of others. So today, I wanted to take some time and talk about why support is one of the most important factors in determining whether or not you will be successful.  
                     
I've had issues with my weight all the way back to jr. high. While I was able to get some of the weight off during my high school years by constantly being active with basketball and track, after graduation it all seemed to just pile back on.  After having babies, my weight ballooned  to an all time high of 190 pounds.  In 1997, my good friend got me involved with Team in Training, and we started training for a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We were given a coach and a team to train with, but my biggest support came from my friend, Gigi.  We were doing this together!  "A marathon??? Are you kidding me?" I kid you not! Not only did we complete the marathon, we did 4 more over the next 2 1/2 years!  When all was said and done, we had raised over $10,000 the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and yours truly was in some pretty good shape, weighing in at 135 pounds and wearing a size 10 in blue jeans (and that's the true test, huh, ladies?).

Fast forward to 2007, I had re-married, moved, was no longer exercising and yep, you guessed it...back to feeling awful about my body.  I was out of shape and miserable, hating the way I looked and felt, so much that it affected not only me, but also my relationships, so I decided to do something about it. I decided to order the  Slim in 6 Program| that I had seen on an infomercial and attempt to get back into shape to boost my confidence. The first few weeks were easy in terms of staying motivated, but after that the motivation started to slip a bit. I started getting tired of eating clean and feeling sore! However, my new friend, Liz was going through the program with me, so whenever I felt unmotivated, I'd jump on the message boards and she'd set me straight, and we went back and forth doing this for one another during the program and on into other programs, to the point where the extra motivation wasn't a necessity  anymore (just a luxury) , because we had established a habit of doing these things on a consistent basis. On top of that, I decided to make her my Beachbody Coach! She was there to help every step of the way, and whenever I needed help with anything, she was always a phone call or email away, and that support was absolutely priceless, and still is! Because of the support from her and others, it led me to the Beachbody Coach Business.  I wanted to be there to support others just like they did for me. I understood how important the role of support was in terms of my success, and I knew that I could help other people in the same way. Little did I know that it would eventually become a passion that I truly enjoy!  I get to support hundreds of people on a daily basis!

If you want to know why Beachbody is succeeding the way it is, it’s because of the amount of support Team Beachbody Coaches are giving to their customers; because with as tough as their programs are, most people would just quit after a few weeks. Let’s face it, we are a lazy country! However, because there are coaches out there saying “Don’t give up, you can do this!” and “I’ve been there before, keep going!”, people are staying motivated and committing themselves much longer than they normally would, long enough to establish a habit and see excellent results, only to eventually become Beachbody Coaches themselves to have an impact on other people. The cycle continues, and Team Beachbody explodes! It’s such an amazing thing to be a part of and experience!

Support is a key ingredient to success, no questions asked. If you don’t have support from your husband, wife, parents, best friends, chances are you’re going to have a very tough time succeeding because whenever you’re down and times are tough, you will have people saying “I told you so” instead of “Don’t worry about it, I believe in you!” That extra support and encouragement goes a long way, whether it’s with your fitness, career, or relationships! If you don’t have support from your family and friends, sit down and talk with them, explain that you need their support and need them to believe in you. You can also come to me. As a Beachbody Coach, I'm helping people stay motivated and encouraged on their fitness journeys, and helping them move forward with the Beachbody Business if that's their desire! It’s free to make me your coach, and all you have to do is click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment